An exciting night in Hualapai Ranch in Grand Canyon, Arizona USA

Recently I visited the Grand Canyon (West Rim) and spent a night at the Hualapai Ranch. Trapping the astonishing Grand Canyon in words is indeed a challenge and that's why I decided to write about this exciting trip of mine in parts. I will start with the tale of a romantic starry night amidst the vast barren landscape of Hualapai Ranch, which was akin to a desert.



We started from Los Angeles in the morning and reached the Hualapai Ranch in the evening. It was a long trip and we were very tired. But the moment we entered the ranch and then to our lovely little and cozy room, we were all refreshed and headed towards the dinning hall.











If someone gives me the option to describe the dining hall in one word, then I would choose the word "fabulous". Not only the food but also the atmosphere was so heart warming. The singer who was singing some wonderful melodious numbers with his guitar while we were enjoying our dinner was worth remembering. The day long tiring journey disappeared after hearing this song from him.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are gray,
You never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away".


























While I was whistling the tune of those lovely songs after our dinner and coming back to our room, I stopped and could not believe my eyes, when I looked up into the vastness of the sky in the chilly dark night. Thousands of stars were twinkling and showering their glitter. Indeed the bottomless infinity over my head!! I used to think the desert is a place without expectation but I was proved wrong.

I have seen stars so many times but seeing them while standing in a vast open desert in a pitch-dark , and spine chilling night was something extraordinary. All those sparkling stars stole all my words and I was numb with wonder, as if those silent stars were whispering into my ears "These garlands of thousand candles are for you, young lady!! Go face the world, accept those challenges and do something. We will be waiting for you forever". Adrenaline rush again (Sometimes I really admire my imaginations), and I didn't want to retire to our room; instead chose to enjoy the campfire - courtesy the cowboys living in the ranch.


























After passing the desert of life when one reaches the Eden of life it has to be delicious. We all pass through a desert at some point or the other in our lifetime. Isn't it? I guess what makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

It was almost midnight then when at last we retired to our room for a breathtaking sunrise next day, amidst desert at the Grand canyon. We waited for a new dawn. I am sure you all must be thinking how was that? Well, another blog post to be written!

Labels: , , , , , , , ,